Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Resume (with an accent over the e, so it sounds like a hard a)


Me. In the house.

Short Version:

- Grew up.
- Went to college. (Cum Laude; Creative Writing/Literature major; Seattle University)
- Went fishing in Alaska. (Commercial; Bristol Bay; Sockeye Salmon; 2 summers)
- Got married.
- Moved to Atlanta.
- Went to the Creative Circus for Copywriting; interned twice.
- Email me at cavin.ross@gmail.com; call me at 505-250-0602.


Long Version:

Turns out there’s really not much to add that anyone would care too much about. I mean, there are many, many things I could write about. I’ve read Ulysses, for instance. But my experience is that people who enjoy sitting and gloating about things like reading Ulysses are rather boring individuals. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a feather in my cap; I just prefer to keep that cap tucked neatly away in my closet. Even now, by simply mentioning that I’ve read the book, I feel like I’ve betrayed myself – like I’m bragging. Perhaps it’s the middle child in me. Perhaps I just prefer listening to others before I jump in and talk about myself. But I would say the truth is simply that I prefer the genuine to the contrived, and nothing is more contrived than me telling you what to think about me on a resume. Besides, I’d probably be lying anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment